Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lemonade and A Robin's Egg...

are some things I enjoyed today.


I made lemonade this morning, and I sat in the grass this afternoon and drank it for a while.


While in the grass, I found a birds nest, and in it, a tiny egg.


This find was bittersweet.


What sad bird lost a baby this morning?


What a delight to find such a delicate treasure!


Sadness and delight.


Kind of like life.


(Insert random, unrelated photo here)



I love this photo of me and Shannon (my roommate!!!) at graduation.

She is lovely and unique and a great photographer.


(End of random photo insertion).


what should I render to the Lord
for His benefits to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation
and call upon the name of the Lord,
I will pay my vows to the Lord
in the presence of his people.
Psalm 116:12-14

For the lemonade and the robin's egg, sadness and delight.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

oh my gosh we're roommates! and you found a robin's egg!!

birds are just so cute, eh?

Hollie Shannon said...

Ellen. You rock.
Is August here yet?